Generalist Software Engineer - New IP Incubation Team
We are looking for a Generalist Software Engineer to join a small new team being formed to develop a brand new IP.
Why Join Us:
- Pioneer new, practical technologies to enable “adventuring forever.”
- Ground floor involvement in developing a brand new IP.
- Be part of a small team where each person’s contributions make a large impact.
- We focus considerably on gameplay and good feel.
- We trust you to do your best work, and support you in nurturing your life-work balance.
- Hard-zero policy against crunch and overtime.
- You'll work closely with and report to project leadership in an extremely flat structure.
- Investigate and solve challenges in all areas of development - whether it be gameplay, tools, audio, rendering, art, animation, AI, VFX, networking… or something unanticipated!
- Empower teammates to use their strengths to their fullest, such as by collaborating to build useful tools, mentoring others, and tending to team health & culture.
- While everyone has an area of focus, building a great game and fostering a great overall development experience is everyone’s responsibility.
- Active participation in promoting and building an inclusive work environment.
- Passionate about making, playing and understanding games.
- Balanced approach between exploring new concepts and delivering finished work.
- Comfortable in C/C++.
- Working knowledge of vector math and linear algebra.
If all this excites you, then we want to talk to you. Don’t let doubt deter you! We are an equal opportunity team excited about our next journey. Please submit your resume to apply. We'll get back to you once we have a chance to review! (Please note: We are open to considering long-term remote Work-From-Home options for candidates within 3 hours of our Pacific Standard Time zone.)
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.