Environment Artist - (Star Wars Team)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We’re looking for Temporary Environment Artists who are passionate about world-building and experienced in creating high quality, highly detailed in-game environments and props. As an Environment Artist with our team, you will bring to life beautiful, immersive environments and help create an incredible experience for our players.
This is a 1-year temporary position
What You’ll Do…
- Create high quality, visually appealing 3D environments and assets for use in game.
- You will own your work from start to finish, while also collaborating with other artists, designers, and leads to ensure the work fits into the vision for art direction and ultimate gameplay goals.
- You will collaborate with others within your department as well as other disciplines within the team. You will work very closely and regularly with Level Designers to help achieve beautiful levels, satisfying gameplay, and compelling storytelling.
- You will have a direct impact on the gameplay the player experiences and their immersal into the game’s universe.
- Develop amazing worlds is a team effort, and you will work together with other talented team members to create what works best for the game.
- You will have the opportunity to own your work from start to completion - modeling, texturing, and even concepting as appropriate.
- You will have the opportunity to use your taste and judgement to shape how environments look and feel, how they tell stories, and how they help to guide a players traversal or eye.
- You will work with other artists and designers to develop the environments of levels while still owning your assets. As part of a small team you will have the
Ideally, you also will have...
- 2+ years’ experience as a 3D Artist.
- Mastery of relevant software packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Substance, and Zbrush.
- Strong understanding of scale, proportion, and surface properties.
- Experience working within a game engine and implementing 3D work into the engine.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Shipped AAA game(s) a plus.
We would love to see your portfolio of work that you developed yourself from start to finish - highly detailed 3D art with a focus on environments and a variety of subject matter and surface properties (buildings, props, natural landscapes, etc.). If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.