Community Production Artist (Apex Legends)
We’re looking for a highly skilled and versatile Production Artist to join our Apex Legends Community team at Respawn. This person should be able to create high-quality 2D designs, motion graphics, and video to help promote our games, tell stories, and get our community members engaged and excited about our current and upcoming titles. Video editing skills and gameplay capture experience are both major pluses for this role.
What’s it like to be a Production Artist at Respawn?
- Creating 2D Designs, Motion Graphics, and Video - As a Production Artist, you would be creating custom bespoke assets for social channels. This may include original 2d artwork, motion graphics, gameplay capture, and/or projects such as taking the work of other artists on the team and bringing it to life for social campaigns (an example could be using motion graphics to animate a piece of game concept art). You may be also be tasked with editing video or creating artwork for use across various channels, such as promotions, emails, web, game and/or company branding, etc.
- Inspiring Our Community - You will be embedded with the Respawn Community Team where you will work on campaigns and projects to excite our players and community members. This is an opportunity to directly engage our community through visually appealing imagery, motion graphics, videos, signage, logos, branding, etc.
- Synthesizing Branding/Marketing and In-Game Elements - In addition to creating original assets, you may also be tasked with taking existing concept, marketing, or in-game artwork from our talented art teams and transforming it into content that can be used across other channels - social, web, YouTube, and in-game.
- Ownership - You will be part of a small Community team where you will enjoy a lot of creative freedom, input, and ownership over your work. As part of a small team you will have the opportunity to shine here!
- Teamwork - Launching games, live service updates, and educating players on new game changes or offerings is a group effort and you will work closely with talented people in both the Community Team and other departments such as marketing, art, audio, etc.
What do we look for in Production Artist candidates?
- Quality Design Skills and Good Taste - We’d like to see a well rounded portfolio showcasing your work. Your portfolio should show quality, taste, and an eye for modern, innovative, and aesthetically appealing 2D and motion graphic design work. Video and gameplay capture work is a major plus.
- Understanding Art Best Practices for Social Media - We’d like for you to bring your understanding of what works best for social media to the table. The Production Artist will be focusing mainly on work directed towards social media, so having insight into the logistical, technical, creative, and user experience best practices for these channels is important.
- Technical Chops - The ideal candidate will not only have impressive graphic design chops but will also have mastery of the relevant software programs such as After Effects, Photoshop/Illustrator, and Premiere. Working knowledge of gameplay capture tools is a plus.
- Passion for Games/Gaming Community - We look for potential team members who are highly passionate. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working in games and creating work to engage the gaming community that we serve.
- Potential Over Experience – We value talent over years of experience. Experience counts, but potential is important too. We look for talented, highly motivated people with a keen eye for quality.
- Teamplayer – Positivity and a great attitude help to fuel greatness. The ability to accept feedback and critiques will help you tailor your work to reach its best potential. Teamwork is very important to our success!
Ideally, you also will have…
Professional experience as a Production Artist in a similar capacity, and a major passion for playing games!
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.