Cinematographer/Director of Photography (Star Wars Team)
We’re looking for a highly skilled Cinematographer/DP to join our Star Wars team. Our ideal candidate is both knowledgeable and passionate about creating visually impacting cameras and shots to give the project it’s own unique style. We are picturing someone with strong cinematic sensibilities, who can embrace our game development philosophy and share their hard earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players.
What You’ll Do...
- Crafting a consistent visual look for narrative moments and cinematics that does not break the aesthetics of gameplay.
- Breakdown and analyze the story and characters to craft a visual style that supports the script and the Cinematics Lead’s direction.
- Strategizing with previz/cinematic animators, cine designers and lighters in pre-production to craft camera movement, identify color palette and lighting for individual in-game cinematics and cutscenes.
- Prep for performance capture shoots with the main cast.
- Work closely with the performance capture director to establish blocking and staging.
- Understand how in-game cinematics and cutscenes affects game design and the player experience.
- Help improve camera standards and documentation that can be shared and learned by the entire team.
- Facilitate requests and feedback from Narrative, Design, Art, Engineering and QA.
Ideally, you will have...
- 3+ professional years working in the video game/film industry as a cinematographer.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Film, Production or a similar field.
- Thorough understanding of cinematographic processes/techniques and editorial.
- Knowledge of camera equipment and operation.
- Passion for making films and playing video games.
- Good working knowledge of MotionBuilder, Maya and Unreal Engine is a major plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with multiple departments to solve challenges to deliver a compelling story.
- Ability to deliver clear and concise feedback to supporting departments within the development team and external partners.
- A sense of timing, good eye for details, as well as cinematic flair.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits!