Cinematic Technical Designer (Star Wars Team)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for a skilled Cinematic Technical Designer to support the setup, integration, and maintenance of real-time, in-engine cutscenes. This requires heavy collaboration and communication across various departments to problem-solve and ensure cinematic content is easily implemented into the engine while respecting artistic vision and avoiding conflicts with other aspects of the game. You have a strong sense of how gameplay and cinematics work together to tell a deeply compelling narrative story, an understanding of gameplay pacing and mechanics, and broad technical skills to ensure technical efficiency. Part of the role is to help develop improvements to production workflows. As the ideal candidate, you have prior game experience with cinematic pipelines and processes.
What you will do:
- Integrate high-quality cinematic content using our proprietary tool sets within the Unreal Engine framework.
- Script engaging in-game cinematic and gameplay moments using Blueprint and Sequencer.
- Provide hands-on support to Designers, Artists, Lighting and VFX to uphold cinematic goals and standards of the highest quality.
- Collaborate with Engineers and Technical Artists to evolve processes and proactively identify opportunities for tool improvements and efficiency.
- Coordinate deliverables for various forms of runtime cinematic content including in-game, interactive scene pipelines.
- Work with outsource vendors to help provide feedback and finalize content
- Guide locked scenes to final while achieving technical efficiency and supporting asset performance and validation.
What you should have:
- Minimum three years professional experience working in cinematics and interactive narrative for games.
- The ability to deep dive technically, throw together prototypes and advocate cinematic needs across the development team.
- Passion for third-person action adventure games.
- A strong grasp of real time engine technology, visual scripting interfaces and asset integration. Expertise in Unreal Engine 4 (including Sequencer and Blueprints) is strongly desired.
- Experience with real-time cinematic workflows and the inherent technical hurdles and constraints
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Autodesk Maya, Motion builder and video editing software.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.