(Closed) Build Engineer (Apex Legends)
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We are looking for a Senior Build & Release Engineer to join our growing B&R team as we support the release of Apex Legends and develop the technical pipeline.
What you’ll do…
- Assist with development and orchestration of deployment workflows as well as performing deployments.
- Develop and improve the technical build pipeline in C# and Groovy that automates and drives the build system and other related tooling
- Work as a technical liaison with development teams to address build issues and improvements.
- Collaborate across domain teams and QA on releases/updates and patches
- Help support our integration process, emergent work and deployments
- Help establish and mentor the Build & Release team on the industry best practices in DevOps and CI through good coding practices and participating in code reviews
Ideally, you will have…
- 3+ years of build engineering, working with consoles and first parties in a AAA games studio
- Previous experience working with GAAS or regular title updates
- Programming experience in C#/Java/OOP
- Scripting and automation skills in one or more of Groovy, Python, bash, or similar.
- Experience with automated build systems such as Jenkins, TeamCity or equivalent.
- Experience with Perforce or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
Other qualities we look for…
- Experience with Ansible and VMWare/AWS
- Experience with the ELK stack, telegraf/zabbix and Grafana
- Experience with JIRA or equivalent.
- Must be self-driven and a team player with a solid work ethic.
- Passion for games.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with next gen game consoles
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.