(Closed) 3D Hard Surface Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise. We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order and virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, and we are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
You can learn more about our studio and values at our website.
We are looking for an experienced 3D Hard Surface Artist with exceptional communication skills and an enthusiasm for artist mentorship. Reporting to the External Development Department Art Director, as a 3D Artist you will work closely with AD’s, leads, and artists within Respawn's Ex Dev department to develop and employ efficient working practices ensuring that all externally authored art content meets the high visual quality bar established by project art direction. Additionally, you will continually look for the most efficient ways to empower the internal artist on their team, and our external partners, to deliver large volumes of content within our tight production schedule constraints, while also maintaining the artistic style and vision our projects are known for.
What you will do...
- Align with game team partners on high-level vision and high-level direction.
- Lead, guide, and educate external art teams on visual quality, technical specifications, process and workflows.
- Own the quality control of incoming assets and manage the feedback and approvals.
- Assist the Ex Dev ADs in internal outsourcing (OS) training, as well as defining and documenting OS best practices.
- Coordinate with Ex Dev Management on addressing vendor gaps, quality issues, scheduling or changes in scope.
- Create and critique briefs and production packages for OS Production.
- Polish and integrate external content on an as needed basis.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve processes and facilitate solutions at all levels in the organization.
Ideally, you will have...
- An experienced eye for artistic quality and detail with the ability to breakdown and communicate complex feedback and art direction clearly using visual, verbal, and written medium.
- The patience, temperament, and creative-thinking, and communicative adaptability required to help ensure constant alignment with external partners often separated by distance, language, and cultural aspects.
- Experience working with external service providers.
- The best people skills. Empathy for fixing the problems of others, whether internal Respawn or external partners, and respect for others' time.
- 3-5 years of AAA game experience.
- 3D Generalist sensibilities with the ability to constructively evaluate and critique characters, weapons, vehicles, props, and environment assets and expert knowledge of foundational art principles.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed them.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at our website.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.