Technical Audio Designer (music)
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Technical Audio Designer for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
Join the team behind action-packed and story-driven gaming experiences that have acclaimed several best audio nominations in DICE, Develop and G.A.N.G. awards. As a Technical Audio Designer you will be responsible of the design and implementation of both the gameplay and cinematic music.
- Working with the project audio lead, the game designers, and the game director on designing music systems (gameplay and cinematic) for our games
- Implementing music using internal and external tools (gameplay and cinematic)
- Guiding the composers with the music needs for our games
- Helping with the improvements of the music and the audio pipelines
- Debugging and helping ensure the technical integrity of our shipping game titles
- Working with the rest of the audio team on designing and implementing features
- Working with other disciplines (level design, game design, VFX, animation, programming) to achieve our goals
Requirements and qualifications
- Experience with game audio engines and production techniques
- Experience working with game engines and level editors (Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, etc. or internally developed editors)
- Experience using modern DAWs and sound editors such as Reaper and RX
- Good knowledge of music theory and music culture
- Experience working with game development teams and communicating with various game departments
- Self-motivated and proactive, with a dedication to improving your craft and making the best games possible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience with audio programming languages like Pure Data, Max MSP, Reaktor, SuperCollider, etc
- Experience in narrative and fast-paced action games
- Experience working with high-level programming languages (Python, Lua, C#, etc.)
- Formal education in a relevant field, e.g. audio engineering, game design etc.
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your reel, CV/LinkedIn and other information relevant to the position. Please note that for us to be able to evaluate your application a portfolio (or link to your portfolio) needs to be attached to the application.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.