Technical Artist, Character Tech (Vanguard)
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the world’s leading independent game studios is looking for a Technical Artist, Character Tech (F2P/GaaS) for an exciting new online multiplayer game.
- Working closely with artists, designers and programmers to develop and maintain game pipeline, workflows, best practices and tools
- Taking ownership of the pipeline for our Character Customization system, and supporting it with tools both in Unreal Engine and for content creation packages
- Supporting teams with tackling different technical challenges related to characters and animations
- Creating rigs and generating skin weights for complex hard surface and organic assets
- Assisting in the creation of tools & pipelines for artists and animators
Requirements and qualifications
- Recent experience in Unreal Engine 4, with focus on Skeletal Meshes, Cloth Animation, Character Animation, Blueprint and Physics
- Experience in developing tools to support animation and artist workflows
- Extensive experience in Maya, or similar 3D package
- Experience with Zbrush and Substance Painter
- Being able to design and help to build modular character pipelines which require skeletal mesh merges, multi-layer texturing and decal work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
Ideal candidate will also have
- Experience with Niagara
- Understanding of scripting languages (Blueprint, Python/MEL preferred)
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV, portfolio and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.