Senior QA Tester (Vanguard)
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the world’s leading independent game studios is looking for a Senior QA Tester (F2P/GaaS) for an exciting new online multiplayer game.
As a Senior QA Tester in the Vanguard team you will be in a key role testing our games, reporting your findings and making sure that we deliver top notch quality. Your main responsibilities will be creating test plans based on project specifications, designing and implementing tests, coordinating testing tasks for our team, troubleshooting technical issues and communicating test plans and results with our project teams.
If you are passionate about GaaS/F2P games and have experience testing multiplayer shooters, then this job is for you!
- Test planning according to project specifications
- Designing and implementing tests
- Identifying and reporting bugs in a level of detail that fellow testers and developers can effortlessly understand and reproduce the issue
- Maintaining testing documentation
- Troubleshooting technical issues
- Collaborating with internal and external development teams
- Communicating test plans and results with our project teams
- Coaching more junior members of the team
Requirements and qualifications
- 4 years of experience testing multiplayer shooters
- Experienced in gameplay and technical network-related tests
- Experience in online game network infrastructure
- Knowledge in PC hardware
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proactive attitude, curiosity and ability to think outside the box
- Capability to be flexible and team-oriented with the aptitude to balance multiple tasks
- Passion for playing and developing exceptional games
An ideal candidate would also have
- Experience shipping AAA game titles
- Knowledge of GaaS lifecycle
- Experience in working with automated testing
- Experience in localization testing
- Prior experience in working with Unreal engine
- Skills in programming or scripting
- Experience in leadership or product ownership
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.