Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a (Senior) Engine Programmer to create high quality gaming experiences for the next generation of games.
As a (Senior) Engine Programmer, you will be working with highly talented team members to design, develop and deliver new features to our games. We are constantly seeking new ways to make our games better and we value everyone’s opinions and expertise for making the whole process from ideas to technology to final game more than the sum of its parts.
What you get to do
- In this role, you will be working with the core functionality of the Northlight engine such as ECS, asset streaming, resource management, scripting and core gameplay systems.
- You will get to design and implement performance-critical core engine features and provide a good developer experience by equipping your systems with great debugging tools.
- You will build performant and scalable systems for our new in-house technology that will be used for future Remedy games.
- Examples of what you would be able to contribute to include systems to define and manage in-game content budgets, creating new content pipelines for efficient asset authoring and loading, new data and serialization formats, better APIs for creating data-oriented gameplay code, interfaces for save game systems, etc.
- As a member of the Northlight Core Engine team, we also expect you to contribute to the overall performance and memory characteristics of the engine and its API design.
What you bring to the role
- Demonstrable experience in gameplay or game engine programming
- Experience in working on various platforms
- Strong background in C++
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Strong mathematical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Prior experience of working with proprietary game engines
- Ideally you also have experience in shipping AAA game titles and with Entity Component Systems (ECS)
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
- Our studio is embracing hybrid work model that gives you the flexibility to work from home and have valuable face-to-face time with your colleagues.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
For this role we can case-by-case consider remote working within Europe.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English) and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.