(Closed) Senior Engine Programmer
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake®, and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Engine Programmer to create exceptional gaming experiences for the next generation of Remedy games.
While working as a Senior Engine Programmer, you will be working with highly passionate team members to design, develop, and deliver new features to our games. We are constantly seeking new ways to make our games better and we value everyone’s opinion which means that you can see your ideas to get into our games.
In this role, you will be working with the core functionality of the Northlight engine such as entity systems, physics, asset streaming, resource management, scripting, and core gameplay systems. You will get to design and implement performance-critical core engine features and provide a good developer experience by equipping your systems with great debugging tools. You will build performance and memory profiling tools for managing content budgets, and implement support for in-game editing and visualization tools. In addition, you will create new content pipelines for efficient asset authoring and loading, for example by defining new data and serialization formats.
As a member of our team, we also expect you to contribute to the overall performance and memory characteristics of the engine and its API design.
Requirements and qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in gameplay or game engine programming
- Experience in working on various platforms
- Strong background in C++
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Strong mathematical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Prior experience of working with proprietary game engines
- Passion for playing and developing exceptional games
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience shipping AAA game titles
- Experience with an Entity-Component-Systems (ECS) framework
- Degree in Computer Science
What is it in for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work-life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.