Senior Development Manager
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Development Manager for a key role working on Remedy’s Control franchise.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Development Manager to come and help our Executive Producer to work on Control. We require a team player with excellent project management and communication skills, someone who is passionate to support a group of experts at Remedy in the creation of our next projects.
- Lead a team of developers running them through their project life cycle stages
- Be accountable and drive the delivery of your strike teams and assigned key processes.
- Plan and consistently deliver against project schedules, identify production risks or constraints, and troubleshoot dependency problems
- Plan and prioritize tasks that are clearly communicated to the teams you are responsible for
- Facilitate communication between the project teams, leads and other producers
- Actively optimize and improve work methods and best practices to drive team efficiency
- Stay aware of industry standards, both in terms of methodology and quality, and help team members stay on par or ahead of them when necessary
Requirements and qualifications
- 3+ years of experience as a Senior Development Manager or Senior Producer with at least 1 game project shipped in a production related position
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude with a team-oriented mindset
- High motivation and capacity to learn new skills, use new tools and meet new people
- Knowledge of production management software (Hansoft, MS Project or Jira)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV/LinkedIn and other information relevant to the position.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.