Senior Audio Programmer
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Audio Programmer to create exceptional gaming experiences for the next generation of Remedy games.
We are looking for a Senior Audio Programmer to work on our game projects. You’ll be part of a cross-disciplinary team of Audio Programmers and Audio Designers prototyping and implementing new audio systems, as well as improving our in-house audio tools, technologies and workflows.
Requirements and qualifications
- Strong game programming background (C++, 3D math, optimization, multithreading)
- Experience with using, integrating and extending Wwise or other audio middleware
- You’re able to design, implement and maintain larger subsystems within an existing engine framework
- Good ear for professional grade audio: you know how to spot flaws, shortcomings and opportunities for improvement
- An analytical mindset: you are capable of pinpointing bottlenecks in performance and workflows
- You’re able to work independently to solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience developing with C# and WPF
- Experience developing in Python
- Console development experience
- You can show us some hobby game- or audio- related projects you’ve worked on
- You will gladly take on the challenge of some cutting-edge Research & Development
What's in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV, work references/portfolio and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.