Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is now looking for a Lead Writer for working on Remedy’s projects.
As a Lead Writer, you will be leading the narrative process of our project and be a crucial part of creating new games with us. You’ll brainstorm story scenarios, create dialogue, characters, trans-media products, marketing materials etc. As part of our larger development team, you’ll work closely with other departments to implement and iterate the material you have created.
Remedy takes storytelling and characters seriously. We want to push the boundaries of what interactive stories in games can do. Our writing team is small, close knit, and wildly creative. We’re looking for a talented writer who can actively contribute and innovate, not just write things to spec. At the same time, we need someone with a firm grasp of production realities, schedules, and scope. We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds.
- Working together with the Game Director and Project Leads to help develop compelling, engaging, and immersive narrative game experiences
- Lead, manage and mentor writers through the project's life cycle
- Write story scenarios, dialogue, character guides, world guides, and other supporting narrative content
- Collaborate within a multi-disciplinary team to provide visceral feedback that brings your writing to life
- Follow deadlines and plan your team’s work accordingly
- Mentor and review the work of more junior members of the team
Requirements and qualifications
- Demonstrable previous work as a Senior or Lead Writer for 1st person/3rd person multi-platform games
- Excellent writer with an ear for characterization and dialogue
- Excellent verbal and written English, preferably native level
- Former team leading experience and strong leadership and teamwork skills
- The ability to give and take constructive criticism
- The ability to adapt yourself and your writing to changing circumstances and production realities
Ideal candidate would also have
- Film or TV work experience
- Understanding of video game narrative techniques and basic game design
- Experience working with acting talent
- Love for story-driven games
- Passion for playing games
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position. Please include 2-3 short writing samples with your application
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.