Head of Project Management
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Head of Project Management for a key role at Remedy.
Do you get joy from helping others succeed? We are looking for a battle-proven Head of Project Management to join our ranks at Remedy PMO.
Remedy's Portfolio Management Office (PMO) establishes oversight on the entire project lifecycle, monitors and controls our projects against the agreed objectives while coordinating corrective measures. We develop Remedy's project management competence by training and mentoring and providing the necessary processes and the right project management tools. Our team operates the studio talent allocation process helping game teams find the right talent at the right time and ensuring there's meaningful work for everyone.
As our Head of Project Management, you will define studio-wide vision and alignment on "what-does-good-look-like" for project management by identifying and deploying best practices, principles, and production planning tools that work for Remedy. You are a servant leader with excellent project management, communication, team facilitation skills, and a passion for leading a group of experts by building long-term career paths and maintaining a great, supportive team culture.
- Lead and continuously develop Remedy's project management discipline, its people, and its skills. Coach and mentor our talent individually, and organize training as needed.
- Be the people manager for Remedy's project management talent, our Development Managers and Producers, and help build them long-term career paths. Ensure that we have a happy team by maintaining a robust and supportive team culture.
- Manage studio's project management capacity and capabilities supporting our portfolio plans, making sure we have the right talent at the right time.
- Identify project management best practices and implement them on studio-level across project teams.
- Review production plans and timelines through the Remedy Stage Gate process, looking for dependencies, trends, and patterns across projects and teams that may lead to more effective and integrated plans.
- Audit project management practices across game projects looking for opportunities for improvement and sharing
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with project leadership and other functional leaders. Leverage these relationships to influence positive and collaborative outcomes.
- Support the PMO function within its agreed mandate and close alignment with the PMO and Studio leadership.
Requirements and qualifications
- Thorough understanding of Agile and Lean practices and strong hands-on experience in leading execution of project management techniques, methodologies, and best practices on the enterprise level. Agile, SAFe, PMP, and IPMA certifications are preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in game development in a project leadership role. Your previous roles might have been: Development Director, Lead Producer, Agile Coach, etc.
- Passion for project management, engaging people, and building change readiness capability for both immediate and future change.
- Proven experience in people management and people growth over time, and the ability to lead and motivate through change.
- Your organizationally savvy verbal and written communications skills help pick the right communication approaches for the appropriate audience.
- Thorough operational experience in multiple production planning and management software (Shotgun, Jira, Targetprocess, etc).
Ideal candidate will also have
- Experience working in a structured PMO.
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your LinkedIn/CV and other information relevant to the position.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.