(Closed) Gameplay Designer
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Gameplay Designer for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
- Under direction from the Lead Gameplay Designer and Game Director; design, prototype and script core gameplay features using our proprietary Northlight game engine.
- Take responsibility for key gameplay features, driving them from conception through to full implementation and polish
- Work with gameplay programmers to develop architecture and systems that allow for the flexible creation of game features using Lua
- Assist Mission Designers in designing puzzles, encounters and set pieces using gameplay systems
- Assist Technical Designers in creating gameplay entities that can be reused by Mission Designers to improve productivity in content creation
- Work with other content disciplines to ensure your features have the various feedback systems required to make in-game cause and effect clear to players
- Create both high level feature overviews and technical specifications in order to communicate your ideas with other teams
- Plan your work to ensure your features are delivered on time and to an exceptional quality
Requirements and qualifications:
- Demonstrable previous work as a Gameplay Designer on either player, progression or AI systems for 1st person/3rd person games.
- Experience taking at least one (preferably multiple) core features from concept to release
- Knowledge and experience working with next-generation 3D level editors (CryEngine, Unreal etc. or internally developed editors)
- Knowledge and experience working with scripting languages (Lua, C# etc.) to script prototype game features and level flow / logic
- Ability to take criticism from leads, publishers and other team members and channel it into improving the product
- Self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft and making the best games possible
- Dedicated to contributing towards a friendly team environment
- An amazing ability to communicate both verbally and in written form (in English)
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Passion for creating compelling narrative experiences.
- Prototyping experience (e.g. Unreal/Unity).
- An avid player of games, both multiplayer and single player.
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but we our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered a competitive compensation with a generous profit sharing bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.