(Closed) Development Manager (Vanguard)
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Development Manager for our exciting new online multiplayer game Vanguard.
As a Development Manager for Vanguard, you'll take part in all phases of our high-quality, ambitious game project and get to participate in building Remedy's future success. You collaborate with Vanguard development teams on a daily basis, keeping track of the progress and ensuring from your part that the project is managed on time, budget, and quality. You report to the project's Development Director.
You get to join an amazing studio, that is known for its spectacular, narrative driven games and to work with our extremely talented teams in a spirit of collaboration, trust and fun!
- Help scrum teams reach their objectives and manage priorities
- Follow-up of the development teams' work on a daily basis, both in direct interaction with the team members and with the help of production tools
- Plan and prioritize tasks that are clearly communicated to the teams you are responsible for
- Identify production risks or constraints, and troubleshoot dependency problems
- Facilitate communication between the project teams, leads and other producers
- Actively optimize and improve work methods and best practices to drive team efficiency
- Stay aware of industry standards, both in terms of methodology and quality, and help team members stay on par or ahead of them when necessary
Skills and experience needed to succeed in this role
- experience as a Development Manager/Coordinator/Associate Producer or similar role in the games industry, ideally in online multiplayer projects
- Good project management skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude with a team-oriented mindset
- High motivation and capacity to learn new skills, use new tools and meet new people
What's in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
If you are a great team player with excellent project management and communication skills and passionate about supporting our game teams, apply now! The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.