Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Development Director for a key role working on Remedy's projects.
Do you thrive in developing and executing project strategies for external development in AAA games? Are you a diplomatic negotiator and excellent in ensuring transparent communication between stakeholders?
This Development Director role offers you a great opportunity to be part of Remedy's success. The XDev team supports Remedy’s project teams to scale with selected partners to meet their full potential. Therefore XDev plays an integral part in Remedy's project strategy moving forward, and you will get to be part of that journey.
In the role of a Development Director for XDev, you own and drive the operational model of the project for the integration of external partners. You direct how the project gets organized and managed from the XDev point of view, in order to deliver the game in time, budget, and quality, within the given constraints of creative, technology, and business case. You also act as the change agent for XDev readiness as well as the internal culture shift.
For this director role, we can consider remote working outside of Finland case by case.
What you get to do
- Develop and execute the operational strategy for external development of the game project
- Coach, direct and drive the members of the project's leadership team in choosing how to grow and allocate external partners and talent
- Ensure co-development relationships are well managed and highly effective
- Support the game team and discipline leads with external development and partners
- Encourage and ensure a frequent open communication and project level transparency between the internal and external teams
- Participate in continuous development of XDev processes and best practices on studio level
What you bring to the role
- Extensive experience in external and/or 3rd party development
- Experience as a Senior Producer/Senior Development Manager or Development Director with proven track record of overseeing development on major console and/or PC titles
- Fluent in both internal and external game development cycles from concept to post release
- Excellent project management skills
- Positive attitude with a team-oriented mindset
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, culturally diverse, energized, and fast-paced working environment
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV/LinkedIn and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
We're looking forward to hearing from you soon!