Contractor Technical Writer (6 months)
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
We are looking for a Contractor Technical Writer with demonstrably strong communication and writing skills, who can effectively interact with software developers, product managers, and project leads. The ideal candidate has had some exposure to the world of RTS (Real Time Strategy) with an interest/technical ability to get into the user-facing tools.
We are looking for writers with experience making complex ideas understandable and are open to candidates with a background in software engineering, technical writing, or the world of teaching, curriculum development, or scientific publication.
As a Technical Writer, you will...
- Produce high-quality documentation and how-to’s for User Generated Content (UGC) on an RTS game
- Review and revise designer and programmer written, and knowledge-based content with an aim to ensure consistency of voice and accuracy of direction for user-facing tools
- Use the tools and update existing documentation to reflect changes to functionality
You’re a great fit if you have…
- Experience producing User Generated Guides for players in the games industry
- Proven ability to produce clear and accessible writing, with an eye for consistency, and technical accuracy
- Proven experience delivering technical content for public consumption
- Experience with source control systems and workflow tools – Git, JIRA/Confluence, Wiki
- A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results
- A commitment to collaboration, teamwork, and delivery
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience with real time strategy gaming and user modification content
Please note: This role requires a sample of detailed technical documentation.
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available. You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, HARDlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.