Senior Development Tester
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Relicans are currently working remotely. We take the health and safety of our community, our staff, and their families seriously and are following local government guidelines. Relic provides each new hire with a Work From Home Allowance to upgrade your home office setup, so you can work effectively and comfortably. We are committed to transitioning to a work model where Relicans partner with their manager and team to create a hybrid or remote schedule, allowing you flexibility to do what you love.
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
We are looking for permanent, full-time Senior Development Testers across the studio. The Development Testers at Relic are a highly collaborative and valued team who are passionate about improvements for the team, our studio and players.
As a Senior Development Tester at Relic, you will…
- Partner with game team programmers, artists, producers and designers to recommend testing approach, and direct other testers in conducting testing
- Be a Subject Matter Expert either leading individuals or working one-on-one with developers to test game features
- Drive communication, represent QA work in progress, tasks and/or blockers and track dependencies between game feature teams
- Provide our game teams with constructive, actionable feedback and contribute to discussions around upcoming features
- Communicate quantitative and qualitative findings from test results by using targeted and timely reporting to keep stakeholders informed
You are a good fit if you have…
- Demonstrated ability to own the testing of multiple large game features, including identifying the testing scope approach, staffing, tools, and skills required to evaluate the quality of the features
- Experience writing test cases and creating test plans
- A passion and curiosity for identifying and solving them
- The ability to prioritize the little details
- Great communication skills and are communicating and working with cross disciplinary teams
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Knowledge of RTS games, and what makes a great strategy game
- Developed innovative processes that benefit multiple teams
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified but you're excited about the role, please feel free to get in touch - we'd love to learn more about you and see if you could be a great fit. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value our diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from women, Indigenous and racialized peoples, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and people with disabilities.
Please apply through our careers page and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about the next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to collaborate, be creative, and make games for passionate fans, and we work hard to not take that for granted. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other.
Relicans believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio. We organize volunteering opportunities, movie nights, video game tournaments, life drawing classes, and more. Relic is part of the SEGA family, which allows us to collaborate with studios all over the world as we build on our legacy of innovation.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local business discounts, and annual paid holiday studio closure. Relic puts a huge priority on mental and physical wellbeing: each Relican has access to an annual Health and Wellness Spending Account, as well as an Employee and Family Assistance Program providing access to resources and support around mental health, financial wellbeing, family care, elder care, and more. For designated roles, relocation and immigration support may be available.
Thank you for considering a role with Relic!