Senior Data Engineer
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data team. As an integral part of our Data team, you will be working with the team in supporting an existing pipeline while building and eventually operating a brand-new data pipeline to meet the needs of our upcoming games. In addition, you will work closely with our game development teams, stakeholders, and Data Analysts on our team to help define our data pipeline architecture, warehousing, orchestration, and defining critical data as a means of measuring and improving our game success and player experience.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will…
- Be a hands-on developer working on Relic’s entire data flow and pipeline
- Architect Relic’s data and engineering ETL frameworks
- Work collaboratively as part of a team with Data Analysts, Data Engineers, Live Ops Data Director, and Game Programmers to define and develop short and long term goals for Relic’s data architecture
- Develop key metrics for tests on data and ensure integrity of same on data architecture
- Research new technologies and data modeling methods to inform which ones should be incorporated into Relic’s data architectures
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new elements
- Ensure security and privacy compliance across all data development projects
You’re a great fit if you have…
- Proficiency in at least one programming/scripting language (eg. Python, C++, Java, Scala)
- Expert in SQL and working with relational databases
- Experience with using and building data pipelines and structures
- Proficient with big data and cloud platforms and other database modeling, management tools
- Well-versed with the end-to-end data management process
- Creative problem-solver with strong communication skills
- A desire to learn, share, and grow with us
It's a bonus if you have...
- Passion for games and/or interest in games
- Experience with AWS
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (eg. Tableau, Power BI)
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available. You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, HARDlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.