Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
Help us define and create a vibrant ecosystem and strategy for post launch content for an upcoming strategy game! You will own product definition and life cycle using data, insights, user testing, and creative solutions to inform our games product development, and help us provide meaningful content post launch.
As a Product Manager, you will…
- Define our post launch content, monetization, economy, business objectives and roadmap
- Be responsible for full lifecycle of Retention & Monetization space: writing specifications, working across multi-disciplinary teams (design, UX, art, engineering) to launch features and content, and analyzing the impact of those releases
- Provide cost-benefit analysis and define short and long term KPI goals for the game team to establish success criteria for live operations and feature development
- Support and inform game content and retention-oriented features while responsible for store, cosmetics, and broadly used retention systems
- Prioritize the backlog, with the support of a Producer and in partnership with leads and directors
- Ensure seasonal content & events integrate with each other on a sustained content calendar
- Provide craft mentorship to design teams and others to develop expertise in the games as a service space
You’re a great fit if you have…
- Proven business acumen with strategic and analytical capabilities, using data to inform strategic and business decisions
- Deep understanding of strategy games and supportive business models
- Experience managing live games, web/social/mobile experiences, and customer-centric software and services
- Strategic vision experience including defining and communicating a comprehensive strategy and product road map, and gaining support from partners at all levels
- Good understanding of statistics, hypothesis testing, and the scientific method
- Effective communication and collaboration skills to lead cross-team initiatives across marketing, game development, and team leadership
- Ability to distill broader studio/franchise vision and goals into meaningful product decisions
- Experience motivating, engaging, leading, and growing highly skilled teams
- Deep passion for games and ability to analyze and break down the components of what makes a successful live game
- A desire to learn, share, and grow with us
It’s a bonus if you have…
- BA/BS, quantitative or technical degree (math, economics, engineering, or finance), or MBA a plus
- Experience in gaming, especially within the RTS or Strategy genre
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available. You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, HARDlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.