Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
We have a unique opportunity for a Network Programmer to join our Network and Server team. As an integral part of our Core Technology group, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of the services and systems to support our online and multiplayer features. Your efforts will ensure the success of our games’ online capabilities.
As a Network and Programmer, you will…
- Develop networking systems needed for the next generation of our games
- Iterate a growing service-based platform to support multiple titles across multiple platforms
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to review proposed features and develop them from definition to testing
- Create highly scalable and cross platform software systems
- Leverage your exceptional communication skills to build relationships with internal and external partners
You are great fit if you have…
- Expertise in network programming
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Familiar with various protocols: TCP, UDP, HTTP, WebSockets
- Previous experience with console development would be an asset
- Experience writing multithreaded code and distributed algorithms
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent/relevant work experience
- A desire to learn and grow with us
It’s a bonus if you have…
- A website or github account with samples of your code
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available. You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, HARDlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.