Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Relicans are currently working remotely. We take the health and safety of our community, our staff, and their families seriously and are following local government guidelines. Relic provides each new hire with a Work From Home Allowance to upgrade your home office setup, so you can work effectively and comfortably. We are committed to transitioning to a work model where Relicans partner with their manager and team to create a hybrid or remote schedule, allowing you flexibility to do what you love.
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
We’re looking for a Generalist Programmer to work in our Vancouver studio. This is an opportunity to be a part of building an exceptional strategy game, collaborating across disciplines and across technical domains to deliver a robust experience that supports our developers and meets the expectations for our players.
As a Generalist Programmer you will...
- Create software systems that are intrinsically scalable and cross platform
- Maintain and develop supporting features for the game and the tools that go with it
- Collaborate with team members of various disciplines to review proposed features and develop those features from definition to testing
- Work with our central team to triage and solve project-specific issues
- Work to regularly debug, profile and optimize code
- Support our studio by mentoring less experienced programmers on best practices
You are a great fit if you have…
- Significantly contributed to the delivery of a major game title
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Desire to learn, share, and grow with us
It's a bonus if you have...
- Knowledge of Real Time Strategy (RTS) games
- Experience with networking and online systems code
- Knowledge of C#, Java, and Lua
- Interest in math and linear algebra
- A website or github account with samples of your code
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified but you're excited about the role, please feel free to get in touch - we'd love to learn more about you and see if you could be a great fit. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value our diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from women, Indigenous and racialized peoples, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and people with disabilities.
Please apply through our careers page and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about the next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to collaborate, be creative, and make games for passionate fans, and we work hard to not take that for granted. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other.
Relicans believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio. We organize volunteering opportunities, movie nights, video game tournaments, life drawing classes, and more. Relic is part of the SEGA family, which allows us to collaborate with studios all over the world as we build on our legacy of innovation.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local business discounts, and annual paid holiday studio closure. Relic puts a huge priority on mental and physical wellbeing: each Relican has access to an annual Health and Wellness Spending Account, as well as an Employee and Family Assistance Program providing access to resources and support around mental health, financial wellbeing, family care, elder care, and more. For designated roles, relocation and immigration support may be available.
Thank you for considering a role with Relic!