Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
We’re looking for a Generalist Programmer to work in our Vancouver studio. This is an opportunity to be a part of building an exceptional strategy game, collaborating across disciplines and across technical domains to deliver a robust experience that supports our developers and meets the expectations for our players.
As our Generalist Programmer you will...
- Create software systems that are intrinsically scalable and cross platform
- Maintain and develop supporting features for the game and the tools that go with it
- Collaborate with team members of various disciplines to review proposed features and develop those features from definition to testing
- Work with our central team to triage and solve project-specific issues
- Work to regularly debug, profile and optimize code
- Support our studio by mentoring less experienced programmers on best practices
You are a great fit if you have…
- Significantly contributed to the delivery of a major game title
- A computer Science or Engineering degree (or equivalent experience)
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Desire to learn, share, and grow with us
- A love for games
It's a bonus if you have...
- Knowledge of Real Time Strategy (RTS) games
- Experience with networking and online systems code
- Knowledge of C#, Java, and Lua
- Interest in math and linear algebra
- A website or github account with samples of your code
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available. You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, HARDlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.