Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
We are looking for a Concept Artist to join the studio. As a Concept Artist, you will collaborate with the team to help develop the visual look and feel of the game and all related materials. You will provide the team with imagery focusing on environment design that informs the visual aesthetic and enables communication between Art and Design.
As a Concept Artist, you will…
- Work with the Art Director and the team to provide vision and direction
- Collaborate with Designers and Artists to balance creative vision, production needs and technical considerations
- Create and iterate concepts based on verbal and written direction
- Produce clear and detailed drawings that will inform what Artists and Designers need to build
- Stay up to date on the visual and cultural trends in the creative entertainment industry
You’re a good fit if you have…
- Shipped at least one game with active participation in the preproduction phase of a AAA game
- Experience in, and a portfolio that demonstrates, a variety of concept design and illustration with a focus on character, environments, story-telling, colour and lighting
- The ability to adapt to a broad variety of styles and genres
- Excellent communication and team skills
- A desire to learn and grow with us
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience developing for RTS genre
- A passion for games, or an interest in learning about what we do!
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available. You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, HARDlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.