Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
Our in-house video game team is presently looking to hire a UI Artist to work on Unknown 9: Awakening.
- Collaborate on the innovative visual identity for the user interface and menus in collaboration with the Art Director;
- Work with the design team to create graphically interesting, intuitive and player-friendly interfaces;
- Participate in the vision of the user interface and its artistic direction (explorations, colors, composition, iconography, etc.);
- Prepare and design artistic facets of the UI and menus, including: mock-ups, icons, animations, UI style guides, general art and documentation;
- Create clear and attractive messages, buttons, icons, navigation, menu options, player mode widgets and other UI elements;
- Translate the game into an effective user interface with the collaboration of the game design team and the art director;
- Work with the programming team to ensure that artwork is accurately and consistently represented in the game;
- Ensure the quality, efficiency and consistency of his/her work;
- Perform all other duties and/or responsibilities relevant to the position.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience as a UI Artist, in the game industry;
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma in 3D Art, or equivalent training or experience;
- Shipped at least one (1) game as a UI Artist
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects;
- Able to identify user flow challenges and lead resolution of UI issues;
- Possesses a strong understanding of the goals of the UI in the player experience;
- Skilled at designing the user interface in both 2D and 3D environments;
- Graphic design skills, including: sketching, wireframing and storyboarding techniques on paper and screen;
- Skill in translating flowcharts and wireframes into fun and visually appealing UI systems;
- Ability to produce quality work quickly, using the best solutions;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Excellent communication skills in English and French (oral and written).