Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
The Narrative Designer will be collaborating with the team to develop the narratives and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams on story creation and implementation.
- Craft narrative structure, script gameplay, and write dialogue to support the game’s intentions;
- Design, write and implement narrative gameplay content;
- Collaborate with level design, art, and tech to bring our worlds and the story to life;
- Participate in the development of tools and technology to improve the narrative workflow;
- Support other writing, design, narrative, and lore needs of the game, as needed or directed;
- Collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams on script creation and implementation;
- Support narrative and design needs of other departments, as required or directed.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant experience as a Narrative Designer or Writer in the game industry;
- Experience creating, designing, or directing game stories or other storytelling experiences;
- Professional experience with game development;
- Excellent skills to bring interactive stories to life;
- Strong multidisciplinary skills;
- Interest and passion for interactive storytelling;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Good understanding of storytelling, game design, and the game industry;
- Excellent creative writing abilities;
- Experience with professional game design tools (i.e. Unreal, Unity, Constriction Kit);
- Experience with linear and non-linear narrative structures
- Strong communication skills in French and English, both oral and written.