Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
Under the supervision of the Technical Art Director, the candidate will work in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment to create models within the technical requirements of the game to ensure synergy between the environment, its content, and the technology used.
- Create and implement high-quality special effects and cut scenes in the game;
- Actively participate in the definition of special effects;
- Create key effects and work with motion capture data for game assets while following the style guide provided;
- Work with the Cinematography Director to ensure that the performances recorded on stage translate correctly to the real-time environment;
- Ensure special effects engagements are completed on time with the desired quality bar;
- Maintain consistency of team deliverables through critiques, feedback, and mentoring;
- Participate in the development of effects and technical solutions to combine high-quality capture of in-game cinematics with AI/game code requirements.
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience as an FX artist in the video game industry;
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma in 3D art, computer science, digital art, or equivalent training or experience;
- Participate in at least 1 game as an FX artist, preferably on a 'AAA' console title;
- Experience with Houdini software for VFX production.
- Excellent knowledge of creating special effects in the game engine is a plus;
- Proficiency in Unreal (especially Niagra) or Unity game engine;
- Good scripting skills, including experience with python;
- Strong knowledge of at least one high-end 3D software (Maya, Max, Blender, C4D);
- Must be proficient in simulation engines such as fume fx and realfow;
- Knowledge of SideFX Houdini is an asset;
- Demonstrate capabilities in using external renderers;
- Knowledge of external renderer for "ground truth rendering" a plus;
- Strong understanding of modeling, texture mapping, materials, and post-processing;
- Good knowledge of GLSL (or HLSL) shading;
- Strong Photoshop skills;
- Proficiency with After Effect is an asset;
- Passion for problem-solving;
- Familiarity with data management software is an asset;
- Strong communication skills in French and English, both verbal and written.