Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector, a company of the Bandai Namco group, is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
The character Artist will be responsible for modeling and texturing characters required in the production of a game.
- Create outstanding characters assets under the direction of the Character Art Lead;
- Work closely with other members of the art team to ensure a consistently high quality of output from the team;
- Create inspiring assets while ensuring a consistent art style is maintained across the game;
- Collaborate with Tech art and Tech animation in order to build assets that are compliant with technical guidelines;
- Produce highly detailed 3D sculpts;
- Create and integrate into the engine low-resolution model with Normal maps and textures;
- The character artist job might involve cleaning up scanned data, creating facial expressions, LODs and using Marvelous Designer.
- College, university, or self-taught education in 3D modeling;
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience as Character Artist preferably on at least 1 AAA console title;
- Exceptional understanding in human anatomy and clothing modeling. A keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding modeling;
- Solid foundation in texturing;
- Able to interpret 2D art direction;
- Proficient with software tools and pipeline (Maya, 3Ds Max, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop, and Marvelous Designer) Unreal is a plus;
- Ability to maintain high quality and productivity throughout the project while meeting the deadlines;
- Willingness to receive and appropriately respond to critique from the Art Lead or and others in the team;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Ability to work well in a team;
- Strong communication skills in French and English, both oral and written.