Headquartered in Montreal, Reflector is a new breed of studio working with top talents to create high-quality, compelling content for global audiences. By employing a true transmedia approach, where content is built outwards from fully fleshed “Storyworlds”, the company is able to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere.
Our in-house video game team is presently looking to hire an Animator.
- Collaborate with the Art, Engineering and Design teams to define animation style producing pre-visualizations and present concept ideas to the team;
- Create in-game animations that set the style and quality benchmark for the project;
- Create compelling character performances, utilizing both key framed and motion capture techniques, to compliment the game design and promote the artistic vision of the game;
- Help to plan and coordinate the related animation workloads for the project in a proficient and organized manner;
- Be proactive in identifying problems and assist in troubleshooting animation and technical issues;
- Respect the delivery deadlines of the animations with a high level of quality defined by the team;
- Communicate efficiently progress, updates and issues to the Lead Animator, and be willing to understand and act upon direction.
- College diploma in 3D Animation, or equivalent training or experience;
- Minimum four (4) years of relevant experience as an Animator in the game industry;
- Shipped at least 1 game as an Animator, preferably on a ‘AAA’ console title;
- Solid knowledge of animation software such as 3Ds Max or Maya;
- Familiar with quick keyframe iteration and motion capture editing;
- Excellent understanding of animation principles;
- Excellent skills of key frame animation;
- Experience using proprietary animation/creation tools like Unreal; working with state-graphs;
- Good knowledge of cinematography and experience animating cameras;
- Solid understanding of the human body and facial anatomy;
- Good team player;
- Excellent problem-solver;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Passionate about video games and animation;
- Strong communication skills in French and English, both oral and written.