(Closed) Sales Director - Esports Business Arena Events
Reed Exhibitions is the leading organizer of trade shows and world class events. Whether we’re helping businesses grow and promote their brand or delighting fans at our pop culture and consumer based shows, our mission is to create unforgettable experiences that consistently exceed our customers’ expectations.
About Reed MIDEM
Reed MIDEM is a subsidiary of Reed Exhibitions and RELX.
Joining Reed MIDEM means being part of a dynamic, multicultural company, with a strong international identity and an approach that is firmly results-oriented.
Our goal is to provide our international clients with premium business events that are exceptional platforms serving key executives in the music, television and digital content, esports, real estate, retail real estate and PropTech sectors.
Multicultural, Excellence, Innovation...These are our values, they are the pillars and drivers of our corporate culture, serving our customers, our teams and our partners.
Esports BAR mission is to provide the entertainment industry with the world's esports business event, creating the most productive and meaningful enjoyable experiences, in Cannes and in Miami.
Reporting to the Show Director based in Reed MIDEM’s head office, The Sales Director will have responsibility for :
- Managing and developing the existing portfolio of US clients, including exhibitor, visitor, advertising and sponsorship sales for all Reed MIDEM’s Esports tradeshows and conferences.
- Developing and implementing a specific sales approach for the US market, based on the overall Esport Division’s growth strategy. This will include the ability to define potential growth areas, prioritize segments, identify key influencers/VIPs and develop these relationships, collaborate with trade associations/government bodies, and develop an operational marketing strategy, in collaboration with the marketing team in Paris.
- Understanding of clients’ needs and will build strong relationships within the industry leading to proactively identifying and proposing growth opportunities for clients through a consultative style.
- Contributing to the strategic development of the events and may have some additional transversal responsibilities (ie: lead sales on smaller events, lead on a specific segment, lead on global key account or new product).
Key responsibilities include:
- Establishing a strategic sales plan
- Identifying and maintaining a sales pipeline of existing and prospect clients
- Reaching growth targets per event
- Providing regular reporting to the Show Director
- Providing regular and accurate forecasting
- Creating and developing quality integrated sales proposals adapted to client’s needs and budget including bespoke powerpoint presentations
- Taking part in several industry events throughout the year to understand the trends, network, meet new contacts, and increase the Esports BAR shows visibility and profile.
- Interacting with the Reed MIDEM team to exchange and recommend new ideas or projects.
- Providing customer support and an excellent customer experience.
- Managing a team of three salespeople (set targets, coach, motivate, etc…)
- Responsibility for the growth of the Sales Director’s own client portfolio
You have :
- A Bachelor’s degree with a focus on international trade or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 year sales or business development experience.
- Proven expertise in selling value-added products or services in an international context.
- Mastery of the commercial sales techniques: prospecting and methods of negotiation, concretization, animation of network, lobbying, setting up of a commercial strategy
- Excellent communication skills. French is a plus
You are :
- A strong business manager with leadership experience
- Able to motivate a team, within a results driven culture and a strong spirit of achievment
- Proactive, reliable, autonomous, with strong adaptability.
- Able to bring new ideas and solutions to the table
Based in New York, the Sales Director will be expected to undertake extensive travel within the US, attend Esport BAR events.
Frequent trips to Paris to attend team meetings will also be iLInvolved.
Reed Exhibitions is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1-877-734-1938.