Since its formation, Red Kite has been producing award-winning games for a variety of different platform holders, studios and publishers. Specialising in complete multi-platform games development, Red Kite has a proven track record in the creation of cutting-edge games.
Having set up home in the beautiful Grade-II listed Park Row House in Leeds city centre, Red Kite Games continues to deliver unrivalled creatively led and technically proficient game development to the likes of Microsoft, Sony, 2K, Activision, SEGA and Codemasters.
Several high-profile titles include God of War III: Remastered, Crackdown 3, Two Point Hospital, DiRT 4, Payday 2, Team Sonic Racing and Call of Duty: Strike Team.
It’s a very exciting time to join Red Kite; not only are we working on several high-profile games for current gen and next gen platforms, we're also developing our own IP.
Come join the team and help to make great games with a lovely bunch of people!
The role @ Red Kite Games
Sumo Digital are working on a variety of exciting games which present a unique set of IT issues and challenges. In this role you be expected to work closely with the development team to ensure their workflow is optimal and assist in the day-to-day running of the studio.
In your new role you will:
- Be the primary point of contact for the studio IT issues and support agreed service levels, standards and processes from the centralized helpdesk.
- Provide desktop, laptop, mobile, server and storage support.
- Setup and configure new authorised end-user devices. Install authorized software in the devices.
- Process service requests and keep users informed about their incidents' status at agreed intervals.
- Escalate issues which are beyond the employees' capabilities or resource capacity to senior resources in an effective manner to optimize the quality of service provided.
- Identify and take part in initiatives to improve the quality of the technological service.
- Register and classify received incidents and undertake an immediate effort to restore a failed IT service as quickly as possible. If no ad-hoc solution can be achieved, transfer the Incident to the team leader.
- Manage device backups, diagnose and resolve technical issues when required.
- Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the team leader.
- Ensure security and upgrades are applied to authorised end-user devices and kept up to date.
- Install antivirus to all authorised end-user devices. Fault finding to authorised end-user devices when required.
- Document and maintain all logs for equipment and users. Update the CI and asset management platform when required.
- Ensure licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained in the asset management platform.
- Prepare documents, meeting materials and correspondence and provide training to end-users as required.
- Provide the best end-user experience and outstanding support to all internal and external end-users.
- Tackle any other additional responsibilities as requested by senior management.
*Please Note* - In what are clearly unprecedented and challenging times for everyone due to COVID-19, Red Kite Games remains committed to hiring the best and brightest developers that our wonderful industry has to offer. We would also like to take this opportunity to alleviate any concerns in respect to applying to Red Kite during this period by stating that all applications will be processed and that all live job roles are still very much active. As expected the Red Kite team are currently setup temporarily to work remotely and should you wish to join our ambitious studio then the support and reassurance required to do so will be provided.
Red Kite Games is in central Leeds, a major European city connected to London by rapid rail links and the M1 motorway – plus the rest of the world via Leeds Bradford airport. Leeds is a financial, legal, cultural and commercial hub within Yorkshire. It's home to some of the best restaurants, bars and museums in the North of England, and is within easy reach of spectacular countryside (the Yorkshire Moors and Bronte Country), historical York and the Yorkshire East coast.
We offer a superb benefits package including but not limited to, generous holidays and flexitime. We care about our people, with an emphasis on work/life balance.
Red Kite is a social studio – the team regularly gather for drinks, game nights, film nights, to play sports etc. – making this a great place to build a career whilst making friends...and let's not forget Red Kite's legendary Summer BBQ and our epic Christmas party – plus much more!
One of the coolest components to working at Red Kite is the diversity of projects present within the studio. It's certainly never boring and we constantly find ourselves pushing the boundaries when it comes to the game-play that we're creating or the technologies that we're engineering/leveraging. Our highly experienced core team enables us to offer rewarding careers, along with the ability to help develop great games.
Red Kite's studio environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the belief that working smarter is better than working harder. Every team member can shine, and we pride ourselves on providing a positive social atmosphere, facilitated by shared interest groups, after work clubs and charity fundraising events.
Ultimately, we’re looking for talented games developers that love what they do and want to make friends doing it!