(Closed) Principal Technical Designer
The role @ Red Kite Games
Red Kite has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced technical designer to join our team. You will be influential in helping our studio develop original and innovative IP, alongside supporting projects across a multitude of platforms, genres and game areas.
In this role you will be expected to champion design quality, support concept creation, develop game prototypes, and create compelling gameplay experiences in collaboration with our multi-disciplined development teams.
In your new role you will:
- Create prototypes for developing new gameplay ideas and features
- Implement design tasks to a high standard in conjunction with art, code and production
- Design and implement innovative game systems
- Build tools and design systems to enhance or simplify creative work processes
- Develop and oversee the implementation of technical design standards across the team
- Review, tweak and balance gameplay
- Contribute to game concept creation
To be successful you will have:
- Shipped multiple titles with at least one AAA game in a key position
- Technically proficient across multiple game engines (e.g. UE4, Unity or custom)
- Expert knowledge of game and level design principles
- Expert knowledge of C# or a similar scripting language
- Understanding of optimization and technical limitations
- A passion for cutting edge game technology
Experience in any of these areas will be advantageous but not essential:
- Shipped one or more commercial titles in a lead design role
- Good knowledge of C++
*Please Note* - In what are clearly unprecedented and challenging times for everyone due to COVID-19, Red Kite Games remains committed to hiring the best and brightest developers that our wonderful industry has to offer. We would also like to take this opportunity to alleviate any concerns in respect to applying to Red Kite during this period by stating that all applications will be processed and that all live job roles are still very much active. As expected the Red Kite team are currently setup temporarily to work remotely and should you wish to join our ambitious studio then the support and reassurance required to do so will be provided.