Manager, Communications - Gaming
As Red Bull continues to expand its reputation of being a trusted and authentic brand partner within the esports and gaming communities, it is even more important to promote creativity and new ideas into the communications plans for our events, athlete projects, digital programming, and business partnerships related to video game and esports programs. Reporting to the Sr Manager, Communications – Gaming, you will take a lead role in the creation and implementation of these plans with national scope. While this role achieves national program goals, it also will guide and support the regional teams in their communication plans. In addition to serving as the National point of contact for Gaming, you will be a collaborator among International colleagues. You will also need to oversee close media, influencer, and partner relationships to benefit the entire organization.
Areas that play to your strengths
All the responsibilities we'll trust you with:
- Build awareness of gaming content, events and athletes; tailors campaigns to target and engage priority audiences and endemic media; create excitement for Gaming properties with editorial partners and media that matter
- Translate the larger Communications vision, goals, and core strategies for Sports to create the most efficient tactics that guide media coverage to reach new consumers and influencers within Gaming
- In partnership with Santa Monica Sports Marketing leadership, lead the development of communications strategy that supports major, tentpole programs; plan for Gaming focused Media House projects
- Partner and manage external agencies to create plans that amplify our brand campaigns and assets, positioning of products and services, news and announcements
- Be constantly aware of latest trends products and technologies and identify opportunities to apply new technologies, products, and services to campaigns
- Represent Red Bull's voice with the consumer. Oversee accurate messaging of the Red Bull brand in all Gaming marketing and communications.
- Develop, maintain, and nurture media and opinion leader relationships
- Identify and oversee necessary tools, such as photography, opinion leaders, and media partners needed for story telling
Your areas of knowledge and expertise that matter most for this role:
- Communications/PR leadership: 4+ years experience leading high profile brand campaigns with at least 2 years of experience in the Gaming arena
- Deep passion for gaming content and knowledge of the space
- Have built a trusting team environment across regions and departments
- Experience working with multiple moving parts and timelines to deliver
- Travel up to 25%
JOIN THE TEAM
Got what it takes?
In your application we want to see your personal style - what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is here with us.