Software Engineer, Interactions and Gameplay - Mobile
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! We are looking for a Game Developer to work on our core game features and player experience who is passionate about mobile platforms. In this role, you will delight our mobile players by building and improving player interactions and gameplay mechanics.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Design, build, improve, and maintain features of player input, gameplay, user interface, and interactions using C#
- Work autonomously and iteratively to improve the player experience on mobile platforms
- Collaborate across teams and disciplines
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional experience building and shipping production-ready gameplay code (Ie C# or C++)
- Experience working with game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or something similar
- Passion for developing for mobile devices, specifically game feel, user experience flow and high-quality player interactions and feedback
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, autonomous, and ambiguous environment
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Ability to onboard and work remotely, until we return to the office, located in Seattle, WA.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Shipped your own app on iOS or Android
- Experience developing for multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR)
- Background in Augmented or Virtual Reality technologies (e.g., ARKit, ARCore, HTC Vive, Steam VR, Oculus Rift, etc.)
- Experience working on a live online service
- Strong 3d math skills
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec room respects employee's personal lives and we value work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to ensure a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.