Virtual Production TD
Two simple questions:
- Do you love Virtual Production?
- Are you a technical trouble-shooter?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, read on my friend!
Audiomotion Studios is an award-winning facility, specialising in Full Performance Capture & Production Services for the Film, TV and Video Game industries. Established in 1997, we have worked on a wide range of projects from AAA Video Games, 1st & 2nd Unit Film Productions, VR & AR, Commercials, Music Videos, Broadcast TV and Smartphone Apps. Having joined forces with Rebellion we are looking for a brand new Virtual Production TD to join our newly formed Virtual Production team.
We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new Virtual Production TD and join our passionate and talented Audiomotion team, where we are building on the years of success that we have enjoyed.
Virtual Production TD role:
The Virtual Production TD is a new role dedicated to research and development and assisting with productions shoots. You will troubleshoot technical difficulties and support scene set-up. As part of the Virtual Production team, you will play a key role in research and development as well as pre and post production.
- This role would suit someone with previous knowledge of the industry and scripting or programming experience.
- Operation and troubleshooting of Virtual Production tool set
- Assist with asset ingest, scene setup, optimization, and validation of the look and performance of scenes
- Assist with troubleshooting a variety of issues including connectivity, interactive tool behaviour, and assets
- Recording takes and tracking shot/scene names with the live action unit
- Matching the look and placement of digital environments, characters and set dressing to real world counterparts
- Calibrate and ensure connection of virtual camera(s) to live action camera(s)
- Make scene adjustments to achieve the goals of the key creatives on-set, including lighting, animation, set dressing, and colour correction
- Provide time-to-completion estimates for changes or troubleshooting issues
- Routing of video signals for display, monitor, and recording
- Research and development VP toolkit and pipeline
The Audiomotion Virtual Production team create exciting content for games and movies.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
- 1 + years of experience with Virtual Production technology
- Knowledge of real-time technology in game engine, and content creation
- Experience creating toolset and workflow technical and user documentation
- A solid knowledge of creative shot production and its iteration process
- On-set experience a plus
- Must be able to execute technically difficult work and maintain a productive attitude under the pressure of a live-action production
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner
- Creative technical problem solver, able to improvise solutions in pressure situations
- Must be highly computer literate
- Python scripting within digital content creation applications
- Must be an excellent trouble-shooter to diagnose and solve issues in complex integrated systems of computers, video recording systems, software, and other sensor driven systems
- Familiar with a variety of the concepts, practices, and procedures used in visual effects and film production
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomacy skills.
- Familiarity with real-time technology and virtual production experience preferred
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine, blueprint and display technology
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries