Are you a talented VFX artist looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work with a talented art team and help integrate real-time particle effects to support the artistic direction of a project? Then we have the role for you.
Your role is to deliver real-time particle effects for the project and ensure that the integration of the work is in line with the project’s technical constraints and artistic direction. Your focus is on the execution of your work and how this will influence and improve the project.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
“Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent interactive studios, operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 20 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!”
- Create, design and implement high quality real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of own work
- Challenge and help re-define technical and artistic process
- Ensure the technical and artistic quality of the project by collaborating with Technical Artists and Senior Artists and make changes when necessary
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Producer and Leads into work
- Assist with optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers
- Fully realise a space with the assets available to tell an interesting and varied story
- Reference game design documents to develop an understanding of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style of the project
- Apply best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Support the Lead VFX Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties
Expert knowledge and understanding of:
- 3d software such as 3D Studio Max or Maya
- 3D sculpting packages such as Zbrush or Mudbox
- Photoshop or other 2D packages
- 2D particle texture creation
- lighting and HDR
- Houdini’s pyroFX
- Our games engine
- The video game development process
- Production pipelines
You should also:
- Easily able to translate concept and reference artwork into real-time particle effects
- Able to develop resolutions to unusually challenging problems with highly creative solutions
- Able to plan and prioritise work. Balancing resources, skills, priorities and timescales to achieve objectives
- Able to apply an understanding of the games industry to improve effectiveness of teams and projects
- Able to complete work independently with little direction
- Able to respond and adapt to changing circumstances and to solve problems in a climate of ambiguity
- Private Medical Insurance: Through Vitality, with the option of including your family. Includes freebies and active rewards as well as comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment.
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cashback on treatment costs from flu jabs to chiropractors. Includes Dental and Vision.
- Income Protection Plan: Financial help if you are unable to work because of illness or injury
- Critical Illness Cover: Financial help if you are diagnosed with a critical illness.
- Life Assurance: Financial security for our loved ones at a difficult time.
- Interest & tax-free loans
- Flexible work hours
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4%, plus 10% of any extra contributions you make.
- Digital Freebies: All Rebellion Steam (and Epic Store) titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries
- Relocation Assistance
- Cycle Scheme
- 2000AD Discounts
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance
- Anti-Crunch Culture
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- 26 Holidays: Increasing with service up to 31, plus bank holidays.