As a UI Designer you will implement intuitive, stylish and cutting-edge user interface experiences and ensure that the integration of the work is in line with the project’s technical constraints and artistic direction.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
- Work closely with a GUI Artist to design and implement 2D front-end game interfaces and in-game display HUDs
- Work closely with each project’s design team to ensure menus and interface reflect the overarching goals of the title in the most intuitive fashion
- Design multi-platform UI solutions and designs for various input devices
- Streamline and implement logical menu flow and function of interfaces
- Work with Technical Artists and Tools Programmers to improve efficiency of workflows
- Create an efficient, functional and visually captivating UI, considering the design fundamentals and user experience
- Research and solve any UI barriers for players through iteration based on internal feedback
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Producer and Leads into work
- Assist with optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers
- Apply best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Support the Lead UI in any ad hoc tasks and duties
Skills and Knowledge
Expert knowledge and understanding of:
- Photoshop or other 2D packages
- Visual scripting
- Modern user interface design principles, and game navigation
- GUI design and creation of graphic elements and animations
- Graphic design skills including layout, typography, font formats and colour
- Knowledge of 3d software such as 3D Studio Max or Maya
- Video game development process
- Production pipelines
You should also:
- Analyse data and issues whilst generating ideas
- Easily able to adapt to new processes or pipelines
- Effectively able to communicate ideas and thoughts about your work to colleagues both verbally and in writing
- Able to provide resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems, which require creative solutions
- Able to manage workload with little direction
- Private Medical Insurance: Through Vitality, with the option of including your family. Includes freebies and active rewards as well as comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment.
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cashback on treatment costs from flu jabs to chiropractors. Includes Dental and Vision.
- Income Protection Plan: Financial help if you are unable to work because of illness or injury
- Critical Illness Cover: Financial help if you are diagnosed with a critical illness.
- Life Assurance: Financial security for our loved ones at a difficult time.
- Interest & tax-free loans
- Flexible work hours
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4%, plus 10% of any extra contributions you make.
- Digital Freebies: All Rebellion Steam (and Epic Store) titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries
- Relocation Assistance
- Cycle Scheme
- 2000AD Discounts
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance
- Anti-Crunch Culture
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- 26 Holidays: Increasing with service up to 31, plus bank holidays.