Do you love creating cutting-edge user interface that is stylish and easy to navigate? Then we have the role for you.
Your role is to produce intuitive, stylish and cutting-edge user interface experiences and ensure that the integration of the work is in line with the project’s technical constraints and artistic direction.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
“Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent interactive studios, operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 20 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!”
- Work with a GUI Designer to create art for 2D front-end game interfaces and in-game display HUDs
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief, within technical constraints, adapting to different art styles
- Design multi-platform UI solutions and designs for various input devices
- Create, design and implement both static and animating 2D elements
- Create UI prototypes
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of own work
- Ensure the technical and artistic quality of the project by collaborating with UI Designers and Senior UI Artist and make changes when necessary
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Producer and Leads into work
- Assist with optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers
- Apply best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Support the Lead UI in any ad hoc tasks and duties
Skills and Knowledge
Expert knowledge and understanding of:
- Photoshop or other 2D packages
- Visual scripting
- Our games engine
- Modern user interface design principles, composition and colour theory
- GUI design and creation of graphic elements and animations
- Core graphic design skills including layout, typography, font formats and colour
- 3d software such as 3D Studio Max, Maya or Blender
- The video game development process
- Production pipelines
You should also be able to:
- Develop resolutions to problems
- Consider different courses of action and seek guidance when determining the best course of action
- Focus oneself to achieve a specific outcome
- Apply an understanding of the games industry to improve effectiveness of work
- Focus on own professional development and take action to learn
- Analyse data and issues whilst generating ideas
- Organise time to complete work
- Private Medical Insurance: Through Vitality, with the option of including your family. Includes freebies and active rewards as well as comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment.
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cashback on treatment costs from flu jabs to chiropractors. Includes Dental and Vision.
- Income Protection Plan: Financial help if you are unable to work because of illness or injury
- Critical Illness Cover: Financial help if you are diagnosed with a critical illness.
- Life Assurance: Financial security for our loved ones at a difficult time.
- Interest & tax-free loans
- Flexible work hours
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4%, plus 10% of any extra contributions you make.
- Digital Freebies: All Rebellion Steam (and Epic Store) titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries
- Relocation Assistance
- Cycle Scheme
- 2000AD Discounts
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance
- Anti-Crunch Culture
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- 26 Holidays: Increasing with service up to 31, plus bank holidays.