Senior Gameplay Programmer
Are you an outstanding coder? Rebellion Oxford is now looking for more senior gameplay programmers to join a successful existing team working on an unannounced title for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. This exclusive new title is based on our own successful IP – help us to make our latest game the best one yet!
Want to know more? You can watch our video here;
Inside the Rebellion coding team.
For Senior Programmers we look for 4 or more years’ professional C++ games experience. Any experience with consoles, particularly PS4 or Xbox One, will be an advantage, as will having worked in a larger AAA development team.
We need someone who wants to develop and implement new gameplay code, works to a very high standard in many different code areas, including features such as strategy, mechanics, logic, combat systems, AI, UI and audio code, and can get up to speed quickly on a large existing C++ code base. As a senior you will be self-motivated with a high level of initiative and able to work unsupervised, quickly adapting to and supporting in-house working practices and assisting in mentoring of junior programmers, as well as the usual responsibilities of an experienced gameplay coder.
Our gameplay programmers are supported by Rebellion’s industry-leading bespoke multi-platform game engine Asura, custom tools suite and dedicated engine coders. Senior gameplay programmers are encouraged to contribute to the engine as part of day-to-day development and there is also scope to transition into full-time engine development in the future.
- Excellent C/C++ skills at a professional level
- Ability to quickly familiarise yourself to work with a large existing codebase
- Ability to prototype as well as producing final code
- Strong debugging, profiling and optimising, system design and 3D math skills
- Good spoken and written communication skills, as well as teamworking with game developers from all disciplines across the project
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills, with the ability to accept and follow direction
- Any knowledge of console, general games and/or multiplayer development, and/or development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce/other version control systems would be an advantage
- A genuine interest in playing games
- Holidays 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Relocation reasonable pre-agreed costs eg belongings, transport, non-refundable agency fees, etc
- Pension contributory pension scheme where company matches 4%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction bonus £2k for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Loans Up to £1k interest free personal loans
- Free Stuff fresh fruit, Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts 50% off most 2000AD merchandise, discounted membership at The Athlete Centre gym 200 metres from Oxford studio
- Culture friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance
- Social annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc
- Oxford Location local pub, M&S and Waitrose, 5 minute walk to train station and 15 minute walk to city centre
- Hours flexible start and finish times (core hours 10am-4pm with 7.5 working hours overall plus 1 hour for lunch