Senior Concept Artist
Are you a talented and imaginative Concept Artist with an amazing portfolio and wish to influence the artistic direction of a game? Do you want to see your concepts brought to life? Then we have the role for you.
As a Senior Concept Artist you will to deliver concept art for the project and ensure that the integration of the work is in line with the project’s artistic direction. Your focus is on the execution of your work and how this develops the project.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
“Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent interactive studios, operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 20 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind! And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!”
- Illustrate the consistent look and feel of an entire game to a high standard
- Develop specific visual game asset concepts for construction and use in the project
- Communicate complex concepts and designs, from high level pitches to the smallest production details
- Challenge and help re-define technical and artistic process
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of own work
- Ensure the artistic quality of the project by collaborating with Senior Artists and make changes when necessary
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Producer and Leads into work
- Reference game design documents to develop an understanding of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style of the project
- Apply best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Support the Lead Concept Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties, including mentoring junior employees
Expert knowledge and understanding of:
- 3d software such as 3D Studio Max or Maya
- 3D sculpting packages such as Zbrush or Mudbox
- Photoshop or other 2D packages
- Traditional fine art skills such as composition, perspective, lighting, anatomy, architecture, texture, painting, etc
- Composition and visual story telling
- Video game development process
- Production pipelines
- Data management software
You should also:
- Easily able to adapt to new processes or pipelines
- Effectively able to communicate ideas and thoughts about your work to colleagues both verbally and in writing
- Able to provide resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems, which require creative solutions
- Able to manage workload with little direction
- Private Medical Insurance: Through Vitality, with the option of including your family. Includes freebies and active rewards as well as comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment.
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cashback on treatment costs from flu jabs to chiropractors. Includes Dental and Vision.
- Income Protection Plan: Financial help if you are unable to work because of illness or injury
- Critical Illness Cover: Financial help if you are diagnosed with a critical illness.
- Life Assurance: Financial security for our loved ones at a difficult time.
- Interest & tax-free loans
- Flexible work hours
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4%, plus 10% of any extra contributions you make.
- Digital Freebies: All Rebellion Steam (and Epic Store) titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries
- Relocation Assistance
- Cycle Scheme
- 2000AD Discounts
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance
- Anti-Crunch Culture
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- 26 Holidays: Increasing with service up to 31, plus bank holidays.