We are looking for a talented Lead Animator to join our passionate and talented Animation team, working with the Evil Genius 2 team on an awesome, new and un-announced project.
What you’ll be doing:
The Lead Animator is a new role dedicated to leading a team of animators to produce high quality, in-game animations. You’ll be working on a brand new un-announced project, joining the project in the early stages you will be able to shape and direct the style and pipelines and really make your mark on the project.
You will be planning and verifying the quality of the animation in the game. As part of the Animation team, you’ll play a key role in ensuring the technical and artistic quality of the game.
This role would suit a Senior Animator who is looking for a new challenge in a leadership role.
The Rebellion Animation team is responsible for bringing to life to game characters for our titles. Working with Design and Character Art to ensure that animation is in line with the creative direction of the project.
- Lead a team of animators with best practice people management techniques
- Collaborate with the Head of Animation, Designers, Programmers and Producers to balance creative vision with production realities.
- Strong background in cinematic and in-game, key framed, character animation
- Create high quality, in-game animations to the highest standard in line with the style demanded by the project
- Verify the quality of animation in the game and make improvements where necessary to fit technical constraints and artistic direction.
- Be an active mentor and role model for the animation team. Work to maintain morale and create an atmosphere of creativity and enthusiasm
- Expert knowledge of cinematic and in-game, key framed, character animation
- Experience in a supervisory role, and possess good understanding of people management techniques
- Expert knowledge of 3D software such as Max, Maya and or MotionBuilder (Blender is a plus)
- Easily able to animate realistic human motion
- Solid knowledge of rigging and skinning
- Understanding of visual storytelling
- Able to plan and prioritise work. Balancing resources, skills, priorities and timescales to achieve objectives
- Able to effectively communicate information and be persuasive
- Building trust within multiple teams
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the recently released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
Diversity and Inclusion at Rebellion
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.