(Closed) Graphics Programmer
Rebellion Oxford is currently looking for a Graphics Programmer to work as part of its core technology team, supporting multiple AAA titles currently in development for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. You will be working to make improvements to all areas of our in-house engine.
At least 3 years’ games industry experience is required and Experience of working on large-scale projects with a multi-platform engine would be preferred.
A first class or 2 1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject would be preferred. Candidates with other degrees and those without higher academic qualifications are still encouraged to apply if they meet the experience criteria above.
You will be responsible for;
- Implementing new graphics techniques
- Adding support for next generation platforms
- Profiling and optimising existing graphics code
- Working with other team members to add new rendering features to all current platforms
- Strong C/C++
- Strong mathematical skills
- Writing shaders
- Using shader debugging tools
- Ability to write clear and maintainable code
This role is full-time permanent role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters, not available to freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
- Holidays 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Relocation reasonable pre-agreed costs eg belongings, transport, non-refundable agency fees, etc
- Pension contributory pension scheme where company matches 4%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction bonus £2k for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Loans Up to £1k interest free personal loans
- Free Stuff fresh fruit, Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts 50% off most 2000AD merchandise, discounted membership at The Athlete Centre gym 200 metres from Oxford studio
- Culture friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance
- Social annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc
- Oxford Location local pub, M&S and Waitrose, 5 minute walk to train station and 15 minute walk to city centre
- Hours flexible start and finish times (core hours 10am-4pm with 7.5 working hours overall plus 1 hour for lunch)