Entry Level Gameplay AI Programmer
Rebellion is looking for an Entry Level Gameplay AI Programmer. As well as training in C++ games development, this role will give you particular insight into video game AI development on a AAA stealth and combat game. Your tasks will grow from learning the ropes; to understanding our systems - learning to debug why an enemy is walking into a wall and how to stop it; to eventually taking responsibility for elements of the AI in our games. We are currently developing titles for the next generation of games consoles.
This role would is for candidates with less than 1 year of professional C++ experience as we offer the chance to work with industry experts at our Oxford studio who will guide and teach you how to contribute to making the best Video Games.
This is a permanent full-time role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters and you must be able to legally work in the UK.
- Understanding our systems and writing new AI code in C++ within the framework of Rebellion’s proprietary engine AI systems.
- Learning to Debug and when appropriate - taking responsibility for elements of the AI in our games.
- Joining an existing gameplay team and the AI code you will write will form part of the overall gameplay AI.
- As you will be joining an experienced game team who work efficiently and quickly on cutting-edge technology, you will be expected to develop and learn new skills as you work
- Understanding of the gaming and creative industries, competitive landscape and digital trends.
- Resourceful, resilient, highly organised with a keen eye for detail.
- A strong academic background is preferred with a 1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject. A levels at higher grades would also be preferred.
- Practical C++ experience would be advantageous.