Two simple questions:
- Do you want to work on the incredible Evil Genius 2?
- Are you an experienced Animator looking for an exciting opportunity?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, read on my friend!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new Animator and join our passionate and talented Animation team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
The Animator is a new role dedicated to bringing characters to life on this exciting project. You will produce in-game animations to the highest standards in line with the style demands of the project. As part of the Animation team, you will play a key role in ensuring the artistic quality of the project.
This role would suit an experienced Animator who can create believable, smooth and realistic animations with mo-cap data.
The Rebellion Animation team is responsible for bringing the characters in our game titles to life. The team work between Design and Character Art to ensure that the animation is in line with the creative direction of the project.
- Produce in-game animations to the highest standard, in line with the style demanded by the project
- Clean up motion capture data
- Track and update the progress of day to day tasks using the designated tracking tools
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of own work
- Ensure the technical and artistic quality of the project by collaborating with Technical Animators and Senior Artists and make changes when necessary
- Support the Lead Animator in any ad hoc tasks and duties
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
- Knowledge of motion capture
- Knowledge of 3D software such as 3D Studio Max or Maya
- Able to animate realistic human motion
- Knowledge of rigging and skinning
- Understanding of visual story telling
- Knowledge of the video game development process
- Knowledge and understanding of production pipelines
- Able to effectively communicate information, whilst building long-term, trusting relationships with a wide range of people
- Able to develop resolutions to problems
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries