(Closed) Animation Programmer
Rebellion is currently looking for an experienced Animation Programmer to work as part of the Tools & Core Technology team, supporting multiple AAA titles currently in development for the PS4, Xbox One and PC platforms.
This role is full-time permanent role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Animation Programmer to work on new and cutting edge animation technology as well as to contribute to the development of a variety of AAA games using our in-house engine.
Want to know more? You can watch our video here;
Inside the Rebellion coding team.
A strong academic background is preferred (1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, or other science-related subject). Candidates with other degrees and those without higher academic qualifications are still encouraged to apply if they have the appropriate experience.
- Join our core engine team and work closely with animators and with other programmers
- Improve functionality of existing animation technology in the engine
- Optimise existing code
- Research and implement new techniques for in-game animation
- Strong C/C++ skills
- AAA experience
- Ability to write clear and maintainable code
- Comfortable working with a large existing code base
- Good communication with developers from all disciplines
- Strong interest in animation
- A good eye for visual quality
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Relocation: reasonable pre-agreed costs eg belongings, transport, non-refundable agency fees, etc
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where company matches 4%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction bonus: £2k for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Loans: Up to £1k interest free personal loans
- Free Stuff: fresh fruit, Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise, discounted membership at The Athlete Centre gym 200 metres from Oxford studio
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc
- Oxford Location: local pub, M&S and Waitrose, 5 minute walk to train station and 15 minute walk to city centre
- Hours: flexible start and finish times (core hours 10am-4pm with 7.5 working hours overall plus 1 hour for lunch