Senior Legal Counsel
Getting onboard Razer will place you on a global mission to revolutionize the way the world games. Razer is a place to do great work, offering you the opportunity to make an impact globally while working across a global team located across 5 continents. Razer is also a great place to work, providing you the unique, gamer-centric #LifeAtRazer experience that will put you in an accelerated growth, both personally and professionally.
Job Responsibilities :
For Gamers by Gamers.
Razer is the world’s leading lifestyle brand for gamers. The Razer ecosystem includes a diverse range of gaming-related lifestyle goods and services ranging from computer hardware, peripherals and software to services.
This is a rare opportunity to become part of a growing legal team at Razer. As Senior Legal Counsel to Razer based in Sao Paolo office, you will report into VP, Legal in the Razer Singapore office. You will be a legal professional with experience in the fintech, digital payments, consumer electronics and/or e-commerce industry, and you will provide primary legal support to a wide spectrum of Razer businesses in Latin America, with a particular focus on Razer Gold and Razer’s e-commerce initiatives.
- Review, draft and advise on a wide variety of complex agreements and legal documents relating to payment channel agreements, marketing, strategic partnerships, and diverse vendor engagements (including distribution agreements relating to consumer electronics). These include legal support for corporate set up and product launches as Razer expands to new markets in Latin America, specifically Brasil, Colombia, Chile, Argentina, and Peru, amongst others;
- Advise on applicable regulations relevant to Razer Gold business.
- Teamwork with business and product teams to facilitate decision-making and enable commercial outcomes whilst duly safeguarding Razer’s interests;
- Advise on a wide spectrum of legal issues that shape product development;
- Assess, manage and mitigate risk in a creative and responsible manner;
- Be an effective communicator and team-player across multiple geographies and cultures;
- Demonstrate contract management skills; to be organized and meticulous with documentation;
- Be phenomenal, proactive, nimble and solution-oriented;
- Work and prioritize effectively under pressure; and
- Manage and instruct external counsel across Latin America.
- Qualification in Brasil or other jurisdiction in Latin America.
- Minimum 8 years of post-qualification experience in either a reputable law firm and/or an inhouse legal role with relevant experience in electronic payments, stored value facilities and/or consumer electronics;
- Fluency in Portuguese, Spanish and English.
- Work experience in Latin America on a regional basis; and
- Track record of ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and to serve as a business partner in an expanding business delivered over the internet.