QA/QC Software Tester
This is a black-box software testing position in which you will be supporting a small team of software engineers to help develop software projects that provide the best experience for gamers. In this role, you will be responsible for quality control testing efforts for one or more software projects. This position could evolve into a senior or lead role depending on results and experience.
- Validation and qualification of incoming bugs from external sources. Verify bugs are unique and valid before adding to the bug tracker and/or product backlog. Document and associate supplemental data (logs, reports, reproduction steps) to bug tracker entries to aid developers.
- Work with project management and engineers to prioritize issues and perform root cause analysis of bugs
- Verify the successful resolution of all bugs reported fixed. Iterate with engineers as needed.
- Identify software defects in each software iteration through a combination of manual black box tests, execution of scripted tests, and a thorough review of relevant content and display attributes
- Perform regression testing for each software release and sign off on successful test plan execution
- Highlight issues to project leads and push back on releases when quality standards are in question
- Generate documentation and create standardized reports
- Additional duties as assigned
- Quality Assurance talent proven by exceptional work experience and/or superior academic results
- 1-3 years of experience in testing software products across multiple platforms (Android / iOS / Web)
- Experience using common SCM/RCS tools like SVN, GIT, Mercurial, etc.
- Experience using common bug tracking tools like JIRA, Bugzilla, Trac, Mantis, etc.
- Experience working in an agile or lean software development environment
- Strong English-language communication (verbal and written) and documentation skills
- Detail oriented with hands-on problem-solving skills
- Enjoys working in a collaborative, technically challenging environment with rapidly changing requirements
- A scrappy, self-motivated, entrepreneurial attitude that gets high-quality projects done quickly
- A passionate gamer (console, pc, or mobile), the more hardcore the better
- A customer of Razer who understands our culture and brand, and is familiar with our products
- Basic competency in one or more test-related scripting languages like C#, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Experience developing thorough test plans, writing test cases, and taking ownership of test processes
- Experience with use of application performance analysis and tuning tools like VS Debugger, Android DMS, and Xcode Instruments
- Extensive experience with continuous integration software like Jenkins, Xcode Server, and VS Build Server
- Experience testing against internal Windows libraries originating from PE DDLs, system hooks, NTDLL, USER32, and the GDI
- Experience setting and measuring performance monitors for .NET Framework BCLs and Windows internal events
- Experience working with the DTM test and MS WHQL certification process
- An advanced degree in computer science, quality assurance, project management, or similar
Be part of a phenomenal team today!